Friday, July 17, 2009

Getting a Little Closer

I have less then a week till my chemo starts. I have enjoyed this week immensely even though, I have not done much of anything. The kids and I have stayed home most of the week. Thursday, we got out and went to the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. We had a lot of fun.

Today, I had a visit with my plastic surgeon. Kevin was in Memphis for training so I asked Tammy Robertson to ride with me. We had a good time. The visit was short and since it was early in the morning, we went out for breakfast after we left. I am glad that she was able to come with me. I have been around the kids for too long and I enjoyed having some "girl talk"

On Monday, I have to go in for a CT Scan and Bone Scan. It is just precautionary. I originally scheduled to go to Summit for the scans and was going to have to be there at 7:15 in the morning. Fortunately, Summit Imaging in LEBANON called and asked if it was okay to do them in Lebanon and I said yes!!!! This will make my morning a bit easier. So let's pray that the scan don't show any other problems anywhere else in my body.

Mrs. Majorie Hoffman from church gave me a zucchini on Wednesday night. I have just finished making 12 chocolate chip zucchini muffins, 2 loafs of spiced zucchini bread, and a chocolate chip bundt zucchini cake. All from one zucchini. My house smells yummy!

1 comment:

  1. We've been praying for you. Our congregation prayed for you this past Sunday morning as well. I pray the scans will prove there is nothing else to worry about.

    And I'm sorry that the chemo treatments will make you look like me for a while. Be glad your hair will grow back.

    ReplyDelete