Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Date is Set

Today I went back to the oncologist office. They wanted me to meet with the psycologist for an introduction visit. We had a nice little chat and that was about it. I am free to meet with her whenever I need to.

I also had the chance to schedule my first treatment date. I was able to talk to Dr. Raefsky's research nurse and she answered a few questions that I had about the treatment options that were presented to me. I will start my chemo on July 23. I also decided to enter the study trial that was presented to me. This means I will get 4 chemo treatments, one every 3 weeks. These will be done by October. To be part of the study, they will send my tissue from my original surgery to Milan to find out if I meet the criteria for the study. If I meet the criteria, I will be put in one of 4 different treatments. I won't know which treatment plan till they tell me.

I still have a long way to go to be over the treatment but the worse will be over by October. I was told that they have many ways to manage the side effects of chemo so while it will be bad, it shouldn't be unbearable and it is only 4 treatments and they are spread out. It will be over soon and I will have a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment