Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chemo # 2

I had chemo # 2 last Thursday. It went as well as it could go. There were no problems. I got done and went home to a nice clean house thanks to Kolleen Mangrum and Melissa Simpson. John Derrick was at Cooper's house so it was nice and quiet at home. Also, I had a visit from my cousin Laura Beth on Wednesday and she brought us a delicious supper that Kevin was able to quickly warm up and serve to us.

The fatigue has not been as bad so far. I did fall asleep Thursday afternoon and early that night. Friday, I was quite alert most of the day. I did have to go get my shot to help build by white blood count. I got to the doctor's office at 3:30 and didn't get to leave till 4:30 because they were short handed. By the time I got home, I was starting to get tired. Mom and Dad came and got the kids again to take them to the lake. They will have them till Sunday evening. Kevin and I had a lovely supper brought to us by Lori Knox. After I ate, I laid down and fell asleep.

This morning, Kevin and I both slept till 9:30 and I am feeling good right now. Since the kids are not here, I can take it easy all day. So I will sit here on the couch and read, watch TV and play on my laptop. Kai and Faye Grissom brought some potato soup yesterday for us to have today so food is taken care of.

... but those who hope in then Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

No comments:

Post a Comment