Friday, June 26, 2009

A Very Good Day

Today has been a great day. I got good news from Dr. Lawson. There were NO cancer cells found in the lymph nodes that she removed last Thursday. That was the news that I wanted to hear. I don't know what means as far as treatment but that does mean that we caught the cancer before it started spreading too bad.

Today's appointment was almost enjoyable. Dr. Lawson was in a good mood because she had good news so we were able to chat about better things. We laughed over my drain "oops." She told me that she had tried something new on me to help the drainage issue and she was pleased that it had seemed to work even though I didn't keep the drain in too long. I don't have to go back to see her until September for a follow up.

I go to an oncologist on Wednesday, July 1st. I guess I will get an idea of what the rest of my treatment will be. I hope that the treatment will go smoothly and I will be back healthy.

I have to say that God DOES answer prayers. He is amazing and He loves us so much. Life is not easy and we will encounter many bumps along the way. God is always there and He listens to us. I would have never chosen to have cancer. When I found the lump, I prayed that it wouldn't be cancer but it was cancer. My prayers changed asking Him to help me through this. I asked for prayers from my friends and I got prayers from people all over the world. Missionaries that my father works with in Central America and as far away as Australia have been praying for me. People I have never met but who know my friends or my brothers or my parents are praying for me. These prayers have been answered. I AM fighting this cancer and so far I feel like I am winning. I still have long road ahead but whatever I am given, I know that God is there and will take care of me.

2 comments:

  1. Good news and praise the Lord!
    God bless,
    Coach Hawley
    Luke 18:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news that makes for a happy weekend! :) I was talking to Mom when she opened/read an e-mail from your mom. . . So happy! Hope Wednesday goes well.

    ReplyDelete