Yesterday (March 19) I had scheduled surgery to have my tissue expanders removed and have my implants put in. I was also going to have my port removed and have my ovaries removed.
My previous post talked about the pills that I was taking. The only major side effect that I had experienced was that my skin broke out in little red bumps all over my face, arms and chest. I told my oncologist about it and he gave my antibotic to clear it up but unfortunately I didn't start taking the medicine soon enough to clear up the rash. So when Dr. Tierney took one look at my chest, he did not want to do his part of the surgery because he feared that I might get an infection so we had to put his surgery for another day.
I did go ahead and get my ovaries removed since the rash was not on my stomach. That part of the surgery went well and I am at home right now recovering. I feel pretty good just sore where the incisions are.
I am hoping that my rash will clear up soon so I can get other surgery done. I am hoping that I can get it done before the end of March. Kevin had changed jobs at the beginning of the month and had to switch insurances. We had to pay for Cobra this month and was trying to get as much done as possible before we started a new deductible.
2018 Woodworking Projects – A Work Bench
4 days ago