Sunday, September 6, 2009

Three down, One to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my third chemo treatment last Thursday, September 3. I think this was the worse one out of the three that I had. The first treatment was bad because I did not know what to expect and the exhaustion was horrible. The second treatment was very easy. I was tired a lot but nearly as bad as the first time and I did not feel the need to sleep all day. This time, I don't know what happened but have not been able to keep my eyes open for longer then 2 hours.

My chemo treatments consist of 2 nausea medicines, then one chemo drug, then a bag of fluid and then the final chemo drug and then I am done and I can go home. I take with me to my treatments, my Ipod and a book. I also have a cross stitch project that I have wanted to work on but have only worked on it one and this is the time that I worked on it. The nausea medicines were no problem but halfway through the first chemo drug, I started feeling sleepy and I knew then I was in for a long weekend. When I got done, I went home and made myself some lunch and I think I feel asleep around 3:00 and pretty much stayed asleep till the next morning. I was in and out of consciousness occasionally when one of the kids or Kevin would ask me something but I would fall right back asleep. This time I was a bit nauseated and I did not want to eat anything. I fortunately did not get sick. Friday morning, I went back in for my nuelasta shot and then after that Friday and Saturday are pretty much a blur to me.

Faith did not have school on Friday and Monday is Labor Day. My sister-in-law, Penny, came and took both Faith and John Derrick home with her to spend the weekend since mom and dad are on vacation this week. Faith of course was excited to go. John Derrick was excited at first but I didn't think we would last all weekend and he did not. He wanted to come home on Saturday morning. So Penny brought him home and Faith is still with them. Since I was so out of it on Thursday afternoon, Faith picked out her own clothes to take and I so scared of what she is going out in public in but oh well, at least she has clothes.

Thank you to Cynthia Cluck who made some delicious ham and biscuits for us to eat. Thank also to Heather Wamble who brought dinner over both Friday night and Saturday. Kevin was extremely happy with the chocolate cake on Saturday especially since sweet does not taste very well to me right now. Thank you to Margaret McPeak who has graciously driven me to my last two treatments so Kevin doesn't have to take time off from work. Thank you also to the Maple Hill Church of Christ congregation for the beautiful prayer book that you put together for me. The prayers and scriptures are inspirational and mean so much to me. I don't know what I would be able to do without all the love and support that all of you have given me.

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness, I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. (Lamentations 3: 22:25)

1 comment:

  1. One more to go! I hope you are feeling better by now. . . praying for you!